Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim recently highlighted the critical need for ministries, government departments and the public to unite in reducing sugar intake, extending responsibility beyond the Health Ministry.
This call comes in light of Malaysia's staggering RM9.65 billion expenditure on treating non-communicable diseases (NCDs) in 2017, with diabetes alone accounting for RM4.38 billion.
The restaurants in KL are Hor Poh Cuisine, Jalan Ipoh Claypot Chicken Rice, Roti by d’Tandoor, Sek Yuen and Sri Nirwana Maju
You can get a refreshing cup of Iced Thai Milk Tea for RM9.90.
Throwback to last month, I tried the mee rebus while my friend tried the Mee goreng basah. The mee rebus is kinda just normal, but boy the Mee goreng basah was lit af. I regret not ordering that instead lol
With the cost of white rice having risen recently, here’s a rundown on how things stand, using data from the statistics dept’s F&B consumer price index.
Federation of Livestock Farmers’ Associations of Malaysia says this is partly due to the decline in the price of chicken feed.
Already, the current erratic weather conditions marked by heavy rain and strong winds since early this month, has taken a toll on padi fields in Tanjung Karang, Sekinchan and Sabak Bernam, Selangor at the onset of the padi harvest season, causing angst for farmers.
Chief Commissioner Azam Baki says the MACC was not looking at issues of hoarding rice but rather at the issue of subsidy that potentially has elements of corruption.
With the price of imported white rice shooting up, demand has increased for locally produced rice, leading to a shortfall.
"These matters will be presented in the cabinet meeting soon for direction and finalise decisions," PM Anwar Ibrahim said.
Welcome to Malaysian Food!
A place to showoff your food, ask food related question, and post food related topic!
What Constitute as Malaysian Food?
Any food that can be found in Malaysia, originated from Malaysia, found in Malaysian food market/restaurant oversea, or food prepared by Malaysian.
There's a few tag to use that help tidy up the community:
- [I Ate] to show off what you had or having.
- [I Made] to show off stuff you make yourself. Provide a recipe if you could!
- [Recommend Me] to ask for recommendation. Do specify what area you expect to be in.
- [I Ate]Nasi Lemak with Cheese
- [I Made]Fried Rice with Taugeh
- [Recommend Me]Durian Roti Canai in Penang?
- Site-wide rule applies.
- Food is food, don't be rude. Don't make fun of other's homemade food merely because it looks cheap/bad to you. Don't say anything if you don't have nice thing to say.
- Do not gatekeep. You're free to enjoy your diet and others should too.
- Posting guide is just a guide. It's okay to not follow it or make your own variation of tag.
- Memes is allowed, as long as it's food related.
Visiting From Other Instance?
Selamat Datang(welcome)! Monyet.cc is a Malaysian-run Lemmy instance, but everyone is welcome! Check out our list of community!